NEET Physics Syllabus 2019 PDF XIth & XIIth Units/Topics Imp Questions: This is the news concerning National Testing Agency (NTA) National Eligibility Entrance Exam Test 2019. Aspirants who applied for the NTA NEET 2019 Notification can get the syllabus here in the article below. The association is planning to conduct the NTA NEET 2019 exam on 5th May 2019. The NTA will prepare the NEET question paper is related to Class 11th & 12th. Those who are searching the NEET Physics Syllabus 2019, kindly check below page. Candidates can also download last year NEET Model Paper & NEET Result 2019 for better preparation.
- NEET UG Entrance Physics Syllabus 2019 PDF
- NEET 2019 Physics Important Chapter/Unit Wise Weightage
- Physics Syllabus for the NEET 2019 MBBS Entrance:
- Oscillations and Waves:-
- The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory:-
- Class XII/12th Physics Topics which has to study for NEET 2019
- Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents:-
- Exam Pattern for NEET Entrance 2019
NEET UG Entrance Physics Syllabus 2019 PDF
Recently National Testing Agency (NTA) has announced the admission for MBBS and BDS through NEET entrance exam 2019. Aspirants have to apply online to appear in the NEET Medical Exam 2019. Now the registration process is over and the board releases the NEET Important Question which would be asked in the test. The exam will be organized on 5th May 2019 and before that, you will have to download the hall ticket issued by the officials soon on his portal. Related details are given in the post below.
NTA NEET-UG 2019 will be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to MBBS-BDS Courses in Medical Institutes/Colleges. The responsibility of the NTA is limited to the accomplish of the entrance test, releasing the result and providing All India Rank to the Directorate General Health Services.
NEET 2019 Physics Important Chapter/Unit Wise Weightage
|Name of Topics||No of Questions||Maximum Marks||Weightage (Approx)|
|Mechanical Properties of Solids and Fluids||4-5||16-20||3.50%|
|Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter||2-3||8-12||2.00%|
|Moving Charges and Magnetism||2-3||8-12||2.00%|
|The system of Particles and Rotational Motion||2-3||8-12||2.00%|
|Work, Energy & Power||2-3||8-12||2.00%|
|Motion in a Plane||1-2||4-8||1.90%|
|Ray Optics and Optical Instruments||1-2||4-8||1.90%|
|Thermal Properties of Matter and Kinetic Theory||1-2||4-8||1.90%|
|Motion in a Straight Line||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
|Alternating Current||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
|Electric Charges and Fields||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
|Electrostatic Potential and Capacitance||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
|Semiconductor Electronics: Materials, Devices & Simple Circuits||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
|Laws of Motion||Min 1||1-4||0.75%|
NTA NEET 2019 Admission:
|Conducting Authority||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Entrance Exam||National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)|
|Category||NEET Cutoff 2019 Marks/Qualifying Score|
|Exam Date||5th May 2019|
|NEET Result 2019||June 2019|
Physics Syllabus for the NEET 2019 MBBS Entrance:
Class XI Physics Topics which has to study for NEET 2019
|Properties of Bulk Matter|
|Oscillations and Waves|
|Physical world and measurement|
|Laws of Motion|
|The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory|
|The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body|
|Work, Energy & Power|
- Unit vectors. Resolution of a vector in a plane-rectangular component.
- Elementary concepts of differentiation and integration for describing motion. Scalar and vector quantities, general vectors, equality of vectors, multiplication of vectors by a real number; addition and subtraction of vectors. Relative velocity.
- Scalar and Vector products of Vectors. Cases of uniform velocity and uniform acceleration- projectile motion. Uniform circular motion.
- A frame of reference, Position-time graph, speed and velocity. Uniform and non-uniform motion, for uniformly accelerated motion (graphical treatment), average speed and instantaneous velocity. Uniformly accelerated motion, Motion in a straight line, velocity-time and position-time graphs.
Properties of Bulk Matter:-
- An angle of contact, the excess of pressure, application of surface tension ideas to drops, bubbles and capillary rise.
- Heat, temperature, thermal expansion, surface energy & surface tension, thermal expansion of solids, liquids, and gases. Anomalous expansion. Specific heat capacity- Cp, Cv- calorimetry.
- Heat transfer-conduction and thermal conductivity. Qualitative ideas of Black Body Radiation, Wein’s displacement law, and Green House effect.
- Viscosity, Stokes’ law, terminal velocity, Reynold’s number, streamline and turbulent flow. Critical velocity, Bernoulli’s theorem & its applications.
- Newton’s law of cooling and Stefan’s law.
- Elastic behavior, Stress-strain relationship. Hooke’s law, Young’s modulus, bulk modulus, shear, modulus of rigidity, poison’s ratio; elastic energy.
Oscillations and Waves:-
- Wave motion. Displacement relation for a progressive wave. Longitudinal and transverse waves, the speed of wave motion. Doppler effect. The principle of superposition of waves, the reflection of waves, standing waves in strings and organ pipes, fundamental mode and harmonics. Beats.
- Frequency, displacement as a function of time. Simple harmonic motion(SHM) and its equation; phase, Periodic motion-period, oscillations of a spring-restoring force and force constant; energy in SHM derivation of expression for its time period, Periodic functions, free, forced and damped oscillations (qualitative ideas only), resonance.
Physical World and Measurement:-
- Need for measurement: Units of measurement; systems of units, SI units, fundamental and derived units. Length, mass and time measurements, errors in measurement; significant figures, accuracy and precision of measuring instruments
- Dimensions of physical quantities, analysis & its applications.
- Physics: nature of physical laws, Physics, technology and society, Scope and excitement.
Laws of Motion:-
- Dynamics of uniform circular motion. Centripetal force, examples of circular motion (vehicle on the level circular road, vehicle on banked road).
- Intuitive concept of force. Newton’s first law of motion; momentum and Newton’s second law of motion, impulse, Inertia, Law of conservation of linear momentum and its applications. Newton’s third law of motion.
- Static and Kinetic friction, rolling friction, lubrication, laws of friction, Equilibrium of concurrent forces.
The behavior of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory:-
- Kinetic theory of gases: The concept of pressure. Kinetic energy and temperature, degrees of freedom, Assumptions, the concept of a mean free path, the law of equipartition of energy & application to specific heat capacities of gases.
- Work was done on compressing a gas, the equation of state of a perfect gas.
The motion of System of Particles and Rigid Body:-
- Moment of a force,-torque, angular momentum, conservation of angular momentum with some examples.
- Equilibrium of rigid bodies and equation of rotational motion, comparison of linear and rotational motions; the moment of inertia, the radius of gyration. Values of M.I. for simple geometrical objects. Statement of parallel and perpendicular axes theorems.
- Centre for the mass of a two-particle system, momentum conservation and center of mass motion. Centre for the mass of a rigid body; a center of mass of uniform rod.
- Heat engines and refrigerators. The second law of the thermodynamics – Reversible and irreversible processes.
- Heat, work and internal energy. Thermal equilibrium and definition of temperature. Isothermal and adiabatic processes. First law of thermodynamics.
Work, Energy & Power:-
- The potential energy of a spring, the notion of potential energy, conservative forces, conservation of mechanical energy non-conservative forces, motion in a vertical circle, two dimensions and elastic and inelastic collisions in one.
- Kinetic energy, work-energy theorem, power, work was done by a constant force and variable force.
- Escape velocity, orbital velocity of a satellite. Geostationary satellites. Gravitational potential energy, gravitational potential.
- The universal law of gravitation. Acceleration due to gravity and its variation with altitude and depth. Kepler’s laws of planetary motion.
Class XII/12th Physics Topics which has to study for NEET 2019
|Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation|
|Atoms and Nuclei|
|Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents|
|Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism|
- Transverse nature of electromagnetic waves. Electromagnetic waves and their characteristics.
- Electromagnetic spectrum (radio waves, microwaves, ultraviolet, x-rays, gamma rays) including elementary facts about their uses.
- Need for displacement current.
Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation:-
- Matter waves-wave nature of particles, de Broglie relation. Davisson-Germer experiment.
- Photoelectric effect, Hertz and Lenard’s observations, Einstein’s photoelectric equation- particle nature of light.
- Conductors and insulators, free charges and bound charges inside a conductor. Dielectrics and electric polarisation, capacitors and capacitance, the combination of capacitors in series and in parallel, and without dielectric medium between the plates the capacitance of a parallel plate capacitor with, the energy stored in a capacitor.
- Electric charges and their conservation. Coulomb’s law-force between two point charges, forces between multiple charges; superposition principle and continuous charge distribution.
- Electric potential, electric potential due to a point charge, a dipole and system of charges: electric dipoles in an electrostatic field & equipotential surfaces.
- An electric field, electric field due to a point charge, electric field lines; torque on a dipole in a uniform electric field; electric dipole, electric field due to a dipole.
- Electric flux, statement of Gauss’s theorem and its applications to find field due to the infinitely long straight wire, uniformly charged infinite plane sheet and uniformly charged thin spherical shell.
- Resolving power of microscopes and astronomical telescopes. Polarisation, plane polarised light; Brewster’s law, uses of plane polarised light and Polaroids.
- Scattering of light- blue color of the sky and reddish appearance of the sun at sunrise and sunset.
- Optical instruments: Human eye, accommodation & image formation, correction of eye defects using lenses.
- Magnifying powers & microscopes and astronomical telescopes (reflecting and refracting).
- Interference, coherent sources and sustained interference of light. Young’s double hole experiment & expression for fringe width.
- Total internal reflection and its applications optical fibers, refraction at spherical surfaces, lenses, lensmaker’s formula, thin lens formula. Magnification, the power of a lens, a combination of thin lenses in contact combination of a lens and a mirror. Refraction and dispersion of light through a prism. Reflection of light, spherical mirrors, mirror formula.
- Proof of laws of reflection and refraction using Huygens’ principle.
- Diffraction due to a single slit, width of central maximum.
Atoms and Nuclei:-
- Radioactivity- rays and their properties decay law. Mass-energy relation, binding energy per nucleon and its variation with mass number, mass defect, nuclear fission & fusion.
- Alpha- particle scattering experiments, Rutherford’s model of the atom, Bohr model, energy levels, hydrogen spectrum. Composition and size of the nucleus, atomic masses, isotopes, isobars, isotopes.
Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating Currents:-
- AC generator and transformer.
- Self and mutual inductance. Electromagnetic induction, induced emf & current, Lenz’s Law, Eddy currents.
- Alternating currents, peak and RMS value of alternating current/ voltage; reactance and impedance; LC oscillations, LCR series circuit, power in AC circuits, wattless current.
Magnetic Effects of Current and Magnetism:-
- Electromagnetic and factors affecting their strengths. Permanent magnets
- The concept of oersted’s experiment, magnetic field. Application to carrying the current circular loop of Biot-Savart law.
- Current loop as a magnetic dipole. Magnetic field intensity due to a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) along its axis and perpendicular to its axis. The magnetic dipole moment of a revolving electron. Torque on a magnetic dipole (bar magnet) in a uniform magnetic field, magnetic field lines, Earth’s magnetic field and magnetic elements, bar magnet as an equivalent solenoid.
- Ampere’s law and its applications to the infinitely long straight wire. Force on a moving charge in uniform magnetic and electric fields. Cyclotron.
- Force on a current-carrying conductor in a uniform magnetic field. The force between two parallel current-carrying conductors definition of ampere. Torque experienced by a current loop in a magnetic field; moving coil galvanometer-its current sensitivity and conversion to ammeter and voltmeter.
- Para-, dia-and ferromagnetic substances, with examples.
- Conductors, insulators & semiconductors, semiconductor diode- I-V characteristics in forward and reverse bias, diode as a rectifier, I-V characteristics of LED, Energy bands in solids (qualitative ideas only), photodiode, solar cell, and Zener diode, Zener diode as a voltage regulator. Logic gates (OR, AND, NOT, NAND and NOR). The transistor as a switch. Junction transistor, transistor action, characteristics of a transistor, transistor as an amplifier (common emitter configuration) and oscillator.
- Potentiometer-principle and applications to measure potential difference, and for comparing emf of two cells; measurement of internal resistance of a cell.
- Electric current, the flow of electric charges in a metallic conductor, drift velocity and mobility, and their relation with electric current; Ohm’s law, electrical resistance, electrical energy and power, electrical resistivity and conductivity, V-I characteristics (linear and non-linear).
- The internal resistance of a cell, potential difference & emf of a cell, combination of cells in series and in parallel.
- Carbon resistors, colour code for carbon resistors; series and parallel combinations of resistors; temperature dependence of resistance.
- Kirchhoff’s laws and simple applications. Wheatstone bridge, meter bridge.
Exam Pattern for NEET Entrance 2019
The paper containing 180 objective type questions (multiple choice answers) from Physics, Chemistry & Biology (Botany/ Zoology). The aspirants have to answer on the specially designed machine-gradable sheet using Ball Point Pen provided by NTA at examination center only. The time will be allotted 3 hours to complete the test. No extra time is given to any individuals. Contenders can opt for Question Paper in the following languages:
Candidates opting for English would be provided test booklet in English only whereas applicants choose vernacular languages would be provided bilingual test booklet i.e. in the selected language and in English. Postulants qualifying NEET 2019 Entrance would be eligible for All India Quota and other quotas under the State Govt/Private Institutes, irrespective of the medium in which the test was taken by the applicants, subject to other eligibility criteria.